Monday, July 26, 2010

The great clutter experiment....

It is time for stuff to go! Clutter in my house has been stealing my time and sanity lately. We are thinking about moving to another house and now is the perfect time to get rid of and organize. I am going to detail my search for militant organization and order via decluttering. Here is something that I am going to use as a tool (I found it on the Good Housekeeping site):

If you have one hour...

When serious decluttering is in store, try the ABC method. Select a cabinet or closet that's been bugging you. Take everything out and arrange items into three piles:

A: always used
B: used during the holidays and special occasions, or seasonally
C: not seen or used in a year or so

Then do a final sort:
Step 1: Toss or give away C items unless they are valuable or have sentimental worth.
Step 2: Return B items to the back of the storage area.
Step 3: Place the A team in the front of the space so those items will be handy for immediate use.

Details of my journey to follow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment