Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1


We've waited so long for summer and it's finally here. I was joking with Julia today, saying only 7 more months until Christmas! It sure does seem like time flies that fast, though. Blink and the season is gone. I am going to try to enjoy every bit of summer....squeeze it until I get the last drop. The kids are already sporting sunburns and working their way to a nice tan. I am loving watermelon and sweet corn (from way down south, of course)...no local stuff yet. Oh! Except for Mom and Terry's delicious lettuce. We've consumed 5 boxes of it, so far. Tasty! Also, Happy Birthday to my sweet nephew, Laken! He turned 4 today. Back in November of 2005 when I flew out to Oregon to see Cherrie, we were both in the early stages of pregnancy and suffering from nausea. We drove poor Dan(Cherrie's dh)crazy...sending him out for food and refusing to eat it:) See Cherrie's blog here for a picture of the cute little guy! He is an adorable combination of both his mommy and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment