Sunday, September 2, 2012

School 2012..

We are continuing with our second year of  My Father's World and loving it!  I have 2 in High School and they are doing MFW World History.  Julia is a Junior and is doing Apologia Chemistry and Teaching Textbooks Algebra II, as well.  She is also working about 20 hours a week.  Alicia is a Freshman and doing Apologia Phys Sci and Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1. ( I love homeschooling High School and wouldn't have it any other way.)  Katie is in 6th Grade and Garrett in 3rd.  They are doing MFW  Creation to the Greeks together.  Thomas is doing MFW 1st grade and Anna is doing a variety of Preschool activities.  We don't do any extracurricular activities.    We like to do family activities and try to do things that don't send the family to different places.  Jesse has a really weird "swing-shift" schedule, so we need to be available when he is off work, which is usually not on weekends.  We do all go to Awana on Wed nights and love to go hiking and have picnics when Jesse is off.  Also, taking care of our place is a major endeavor, lots of mowing, trimming and weeding this summer plus, taking care of the critters.

I recently read a great editorial in my favorite Home School magazine "Home School Enrichment".  The editors discussed reasons for Homeschooling and I agreed with all 3 of them.  The first thing listed was that "God meant for parents to play the primary role" regarding education.  We are homeschooling because "It's our Job!'.  Secondly, they said that "Christian Education Still matters".  "We separate God from our children's intellectual lives at our peril and to their detriment".  Thirdly, "Our Children Are Individuals".  I love the flexibility and pace that I can work with each one of my children.  Thanks HSE for the great editorial and wonderful reminders of why I am Homeschooling my children..

3 comments:

  1. Isn't high school great!? I have been so blessed with my teens! I have a few good friends that have enjoyed MFW; looks as if it is a good fit you ya'll too! =) Blessings on your year!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sheri! Hope your year is going well. Have a wonderful Fall!!! Love, Robin

      Delete
  2. I love reading that other people are successfully homeschooling high school! It is so true that our children are individuals. I never intended to homeschool, but now I can't imagine any other way of educating my very unique daughter. My only child is in 7th grade but I've started researching high school already. I found LetsHomeSchoolHighSchool.com that has lots of information. Thanks for sharing why and how you homeschool, it helps those of us with less experience!

    ReplyDelete