Friday, March 12, 2010

Better diet...

Well, we are all trying to eat healthier this year..Jesse and Colton are now doing the South Beach Diet and I have to figure out how to cook for them. No bread, No pasta, No sugar, No fruit in Phase 1. Lots of lean meats, veggies, etc. We had a stir fry last night and I marinated cut up tip steaks in beef broth, with mushrooms, onions and peas tonight. It is a bit stressful to figure out new ideas and a challenge. I am just trying to cut back on Pop (I sometimes drink it daily for the caffeine), sugar (a mainstay in my diet) and eat more vegetables, plus buy more low-fat and sugar free items.

On another note, I can now see the ground in front of the house. There is still snow, but this is the first time all winter that some bare ground is visible!! YAY, that is a good sign! I have a huge clean up to do in the yard. Lots of fallen branches. There is a huge tree in front of the house that looks to be on its last leg. It sheds it branches with little provocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment