Saturday, August 28, 2010

Life and the Vine

Life has been especially busy. We finished a week of school and have been working on the new house. It is an exciting time but tiring. Some days, I feel like I cannot rise early enough to get it all done.

I have been pondering John 15:5 lately
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.


In essence, we must be careful with the things that take up our time. They may seem good to us and good to the world, but if they are apart from the Lord, they amount to nothing. I am trying to listen to Him in this respect. It is easy when it comes to certain things, but others not so much. We can get so burdened in life with activities and busy work and God doesn't mean that to happen. Foremost, He desires a relationship with us. There is such peace when we take the time for Him and rest in Him. All the worries of the world fade away.


No comments:

Post a Comment